Happy Friday to you!
I wish you all a very happy new year. 2016 has arrived, and l am so grateful to be a part of this new beginning. In today’s post, I want to share a few lessons I have learned while reading the book of Luke. My hope is that you would read this message and be encouraged to love and serve others more. Certainly, the most fulfilling life cannot be experienced alone. So, it is time for us to embrace community from God’s perspective. With that said, here are
LESSONS FROM THE BOOK OF LUKE
- God responds to humility and obedience.
- Prayer is a tool of power that is most effective when used consistently.
- Give without expectation to those who are unable to repay you.
- God loves and cares for the forsaken, the neglected, the poor, the needy. He calls us to do the same.
- We should never take advantage of God’s patience, grace, and mercy. Use His forgiveness to make better choices, not continue down the wrong path.
- God gives us power to overcome temptation; therefore, we do not have to be slaves to sin.
- It is important that we share God’s love with every person that we meet (even people we deem undeserving).
- Utilize your God given gifts to minister, to heal, and encourage-not to tear others down.
- Be persistent in prayer and in good works.
- As you follow God’s lead, He gives you the strength, the resources, and the authority to complete your assignment.