Happy Sunday to you!
I hope that you were able to enjoy a restful weekend. It’s officially the end of holiday season— time to get back into our normal routine. I have seen many vlogs and blogs discouraging people from making resolutions. In my opinion, it’s never okay to discourage people from setting goals. I say make your resolutions and work on them one day at a time. Instead of fretting about potential failure or defeat, focus on the present moment. Do what you can in the now. One of my resolutions for 2016 is to be more grateful. Whenever an event takes place that tries to depress me, I automatically think of God. I think of His undying love for me. I think of His presence in my life and in my situations. I think of God’s awesome plan for my life. I cry out to Him, express my need for His help, and I give thanks! So today’s post is dedicated to consistent thanksgiving. It’s the first, but it certainly won’t be the last
WEEKLY GRATITUDE LIST 2016
1. Thank you God for being a present help in trouble.
2. Thank you God for being a reliable friend and confidant.
3. Thank you God for caring about those who feel forsaken.
4. Thank you to all of the people working to make sure that the homeless have shelter, the hungry get fed, and the sick experience healing.
5. Thank you to all of the people who are sharing the good news of Jesus Christ throughout the world.
6. Thank you to all of the people who pray for others as much as (or more than) they pray for themselves.
7. Thank you God for warm summer days, rainy spring days, cool autumn days, and freezing winter days.
8. Thank you God for clean, drinking water.
9. Thank you God for forgiveness and redemption.
10. Thank you God for teaching people how beautiful they are and how much their life is worth. Thank you for rescuing people from suicide, eating disorders, and all manner of illnesses stemming from and/or causing self-loathing.
11. Thank you Jesus for giving us perfect liberty.
12. Thank you God the hope and the certainty of eternal life with you.