Happy Monday to you!
It is a freezing cold day here in the Northeast, as we anticipate the arrival of a major snowstorm this evening. I’m bundled up to the max and ready to tackle the day before this supposed blizzard gets here. Today’s post is my response to a fun Q&A featured on Corals + Cognacs two weeks ago. This exercise provides another opportunity for you to learn more about me. And…if you so choose to answer the following questions, I can get to learn more about you. So, let’s get started!
- Would you like to be famous? In what way? I do not want to become famous. No spotlight for me.
- Before making a telephone call, do you ever rehearse what you are going to say? Why? I never rehearse what I am going to say for a phone call.
- When did you last sing to yourself? To someone else? A few hours ago, I sang ‘Buffalo Soldier’ as I was listening to it on my I-pod.
- If you were able to live to the age of 90 and retain either the mind or body of a 30-year-old for the last 60 years of your life, which would you want? I’m going to answer philosophically. The mind of a 90 year most likely possesses great wisdom and understanding. I know plenty of 30 year olds who lack wisdom (even common sense). I’ll take the mind of a 90 year old and the body of a 30 year old.
- Name three things you and your readers appear to have in common. A. We are grateful people. B. We love our families. C. We want to make positive contributions to the world.
- For what in your life do you feel most grateful? My relationship with Jesus Christ.
- If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one quality or ability, what would it be? I would like the ability to analyze and solve the most difficult problems, efficiently and effectively.
- If a crystal ball could tell you the truth about yourself, your life, the future or anything else, what would you want to know? Isn’t that witchcraft or sorcery? I’ll pass on the crystal ball.
- Is there something that you’ve dreamed of doing for a long time? Why haven’t you done it? Yes, I would like to start a not-for-profit organization when I have the necessary funds.
- What is the greatest accomplishment of your life? Accepting Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior is the greatest accomplishment of my life.
- What do you value most in a friendship? Genuine love and honesty are what I value most in a friendship.
- What is your most treasured memory? Honestly, I could never name one. There are so many wonderful memories I have of time spent with family and friends.
- If you knew that in one year you would die suddenly, would you change anything about the way you are now living? Why? I would dedicate the whole year to telling as many people about God’s steadfast love and the expression of His love through the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- What roles do love and affection play in your life? Love is the most important thing in the world. I cannot exist without it. I consider affection an outward display of the love one feels inside.
- Alternate sharing something you consider a positive characteristic of your readers. Share a total of five items. You are kind, driven, inquisitive, passionate, and loving.
- How do you feel about your relationship with your mother? I feel so blessed to have a very special bond with my mommy. I could never explain in one post what she means to me.
- Complete this sentence: “I wish I had someone with whom I could share…” My love for excellent dining
- If you were going to become a close friend with your readers, please share what would be important for them to know. I am a stickler for loyalty, and I hate gossip.
- Share with your readers an embarrassing moment in your life. I cannot think of an answer.
- When did you last cry in front of another person? By yourself? Christmas 2014, I bawled like a baby because of all the unexpected blessings I received. It is an unforgettable day.
- If you were to die this evening with no opportunity to communicate with anyone, what would you most regret not having told someone? Why haven’t you told them yet? I would have no regrets.
- Your house, containing everything you own, catches fire. After saving your loved ones and pets, you have time to safely make a final dash to save any one item. Family photo albums
HERE’S YOUR HOMEWORK!
1 Read this article.
2 Create a blog post answering a few of the questions on your own.
3 Link back to this post so that we can create a chain (and so that I can read your answers).
If you don’t have a blog (or you don’t want to write about this) and you still want to participate, use the comment form below. Or ask your own significant other! If you’d rather it just be you and me, that’s cool — we can keep it exclusive; you’re always welcome to e-mail me. Until tomorrow,