Happy Thursday to you!
Today, I want you to think of the people who you cannot live without. Consider the profound impact that these individuals have made in your life. What words have they offered you as a source of encouragement or reproof? What actions have they performed as a demonstration of love and support? Feel free to leave some of your favorite memories in the comment section below. It is truly amazing that we get to spend our lives with such outstanding persons. For me, I’ve encountered such individuals within my family, at church, and at school.
In an earlier post this week, I wrote on the importance of including these individuals in our 2015 vision boards. For example, you may have a goal to travel more this year. Think of individuals you would like to accompany you on your excursions. Or, you may have plans to save more money. Think of fun ways to promote saving among your immediate family. You can create a yearly savings chart, and the person who saves the most at the end of the year would receive an extra $20.00 to add to his or her savings account. The aforementioned examples are simple ways to create a more inclusive vision board.
Yet, I want to take things a step further. Beyond including these individuals in our plans, let us find ways to honor them. One way to make 2015 a great year is to laud the people who make positive contributions in our lives. Being appreciative is always timely and acceptable. You never know what circumstances they might be enduring privately. Imagine how thrilled they would be to receive a token of appreciation. The following list consists of ideas on how to honor the worthy persons in your life.
- Write a card expressing gratitude for all the person’s good works.
- Create a scrapbook, illustrating positive memories shared between you and the individual.
- Send a bouquet of his or her favorite flowers or plant.
- Host a gathering to celebrate the person’s achievements throughout the years. Invite all of his or her favorite people to join in the celebration.
- Plan and prepare a meal based on the individual’s favorite foods.
- Schedule a vacation or getaway to the place he or she always wanted to visit.
- Say words of affirmation or sincere compliments to the person as often as possible.
- Plan a movie night consisting of his or her favorite films and favorite snacks.
Remember, you will not always have the opportunity to express your gratitude. Take the opportunity to laud your loved ones as often you can.