Happy Tuesday to you!
Although I may loathe the heat, I love summer for many reasons. When I was younger, it brought me a much needed break from school. As a camper (and later on a camp counselor), I used to enjoy trips to the swimming pool, field trips to museums and aquariums, and recreational games. I also enjoyed the summers where I would get a chance to venture down south with my younger brother to spend time with our family in South Carolina. Being a kid was so much fun!
Now as an adult, summer does not include a 3-month break from school. In fact, it doesn’t even include a 2-week break from work. I know some of you take time off during the summer (I like to save my vacation time for the winter months). This post is for those of you who don’t have a lot of time off during the summer. I want to give you some suggestions regarding fun things you can do this summer during weeknights and weekends. This is especially great for those of you trying to save money this season. Instead of planning an extravagant excursion, you can create fun right in your own backyard! So, check out this list and even add your own suggestions in the comment section below.
- Plan a movie night. (Invite 3 friends over with their favorite movie, their favorite beverage and favorite snack.)
- Start a non-traditional book club. (Instead of buying a book that everyone has to read, swap books that you already own. During each meet up, allow each person to share what they enjoyed about the book they received.)
- Visit your nearest art museum. (Usually, museums have hours during the week where they allow free admission. Do your research and enjoy the experience with a relative or a friend.)
- Host a backyard dance party. (Select your best summer playlist. Invite fun loving family and friends over and dance. Be sure to keep the volume at an acceptable level.)
- Establish a walking/exercise group. (Gather some motivated people. Schedule time during the week to meet up and get fit.)
Do you love these suggestions? Have any more to share with us? Don’t be shy! Leave your ideas in the comment section below. We can’t wait to hear from you.