Happy Thursday to you!
The word of God encourages us to give thanks in all circumstances. You know what? There's something truly special about a person who can be grateful at all times. To me, that person is someone who is highly cognizant and sagacious. That person lives in the moment and can appreciate the beauty in each new day. Most importantly, a person who can give thanks in every situation is one who knows God and is secure in His steadfast love. Honestly, that’s the kind of person that makes a really great friend. He or she can keep you in the right frame of mind when things are going really well (or when things seem to be all wrong). I aim to be that type of person in 2015 and in the years to come. Gratitude (applied daily) changes every aspect of your life.
It is such a powerful application that every week on this website, I share my own gratitude list. So, if this is your first time visiting, you chose a really awesome day to stop by. I hope that reading my list of thanksgiving will motivate you to write your own weekly list. Furthermore, I hope that you will feel free to share your own gratitude list in the comment section below. Imagine the people all over the world who will view this post and see our lists! We could start an appreciation movement. I believe that would only lead to increase contentment in our lives, as well as a greater outpouring of blessings. Let’s not delay things any longer. Here’s my list for this week:
Weekly Gratitude List
- Lord, I thank you for your presence in my life.
- Lord, I thank you for covering my loved ones each day.
- Lord, I thank you for provision of food, shelter, clothing, and many other blessings.
- I am grateful for the ability to: hear the birds chirp, see the sun shine, and feel the wind.
- I am thankful for the art form of dance and the opportunity it gives us to express ourselves.
- I am grateful to be a part of the body of Christ.
- I am thankful for every chance I get to read the word of God and pray.
- I am so glad that I discovered and accepted salvation through Jesus Christ.
- I am thankful for God’s steadfast love, His forgiveness, grace, and mercy.
- I am thankful for all the blessings God has given you. I cannot wait to read your gratitude lists and celebrate with you all.
Now it’s your turn! Share your own gratitude list with us. It can be long or short—it doesn’t matter. Let’s celebrate all the great things happening in our lives.