Happy Tuesday to you!
On Saturday, we talked about putting God first in 2016. Today, I am sharing simple adjustments that you can make to your daily routine. This post is for those of you who say, "I rarely have time to pray or study my Bible anymore". By taking the following steps, you will experience greater intimacy with God. Eventually, you will achieve balance between the demands of work and family life and the needs of your spirit. So purchase a 30” x 48” poster board, take out your favorite markers, write down the following list, and post it on your wall. Most importantly, make sure you’re not only reading these tips. In order for the tips to work, you have to apply them. 2016 is the year for action.
- Wake up 15 minutes earlier each morning and talk to God. Praise, worship, pray for yourself, and intercede for the people you know.
- Devote 8-10 minutes of your lunch break for 5 days to study the same scripture. Each week, pick a new scripture to study.
- On Saturdays and Sundays, find a quiet place and write in your prayer journal. Be honest with God about your hopes and fears.
- The next time you talk to your best friend, schedule a time each week or each month when you can pray together. Remain committed to this weekly or monthly appointment no matter how hectic your schedules become.
- Never quit! Some days, you will be strong in spirit. Some days, you will feel weary. No matter how you feel, acknowledge God’s presence. God will honor your perseverance in ways that will astound you.