Weekly Gratitude List
Happy Saturday to you!
Yesterday, our wonderful guest contributor, Zelena shared an insightful piece on giving. If you haven’t read Zelena’s post, click here to access her wisdom. Generosity is so important to God, and the Bible is filled with instructions on how and when to give. As Zelena shared, we all have opportunities to be generous. Giving does not always consist of monetary contributions. There are many ways to bless others. There are many ways to bless God.
One of the best gifts to give to God is your praise. God takes joy in thanksgiving. He appreciates grateful people. For this reason, I enjoy sharing my weekly gratitude list. Many people look at this exercise as an irrelevant space filler. Some people visit this website, see the weekly gratitude list, and skip to a previous post. Yet, the weekly gratitude list is the most powerful post on this website.
Gratitude indicates awareness. Grateful people are cognizant of the fact that God is blessing them. Grateful people acknowledge the fact that blessings are undeserved. Grateful people treat each day as a miracle, an unexpected gift to be treasured forever. The weekly gratitude list is a call to love God more earnestly. It is a call to value life. It is a call to a higher level of generosity. Let's be sure to answer the call cheerfully.
Without further ado, here is my gratitude list for this week. As always, I ask you to share your own in the comment section. I look forward to celebrating life with you via this transformative exercise.
Weekly Gratitude List
- Thank you God for protecting and covering my family and loved ones throughout this week.
- Thank you God for the beautiful sneakers that were gifted to me a few hours ago.
- Thank you Lord for correcting me when I am wrong.
- Thank you Lord for your forgiveness, your grace, and your mercy.
- Thank you God for giving Zelena the insight that she shared with us yesterday.
- Thank you God for your life-changing, powerful word.
- Thank you Lord for allowing missionaries to go throughout the world sharing the gospel.
- Thank you Lord for calling us to serve one another at a greater capacity.
- Thank you God for your presence in all of our lives.
- Thank you Lord for giving us the resources we need to be more generous.