Happy Tuesday to you!
As I’ve expressed in previous posts, it always pays to live righteously. However, let’s admit it. Sometimes, we find it challenging to do what is right. Either we do not have the knowledge of what is right or we are hesitant to commit to consistent righteousness. Our reluctance may come from the belief that by choosing to adhere to God’s will, we will miss out on fun. Yet, that belief is so twisted. The reality is that by abiding in God’s will we expose ourselves to the best that life has to offer.
You may be wondering, “How do you know that righteousness produces these results?” Well, in my quest to understand the promises of God, I took some time to peruse the Bible. Taking time to examine the scriptures allowed me to rediscover how good and faithful God is to all of us. The Bible informs us that God allows the rain to fall on the just and the unjust. However, for the righteous the level of blessings promised is on a higher level. In this post, I want to share a few of the promises reserved for those who abide in God and obey His commandments. Hopefully, you will come to realize how worthless it is to live a life outside the will of God.
What are the promises of God to the righteous?
- Renewed Strength
- Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Psalm 103:5 Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.
- Deuteronomy 28:4 Blessed shall be the fruit of thy body, and the fruit of thy ground, and the fruit of thy cattle, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep.
Genesis 17:6 And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee.
Leviticus 26:9 For I will have respect unto you, and make you fruitful, and multiply you, and establish my covenant with you.
Colossians 1:10That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;
- Deuteronomy 28:5 Blessed shall be thy basket and thy store.
- Psalm 23:1 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
Genesis 1:29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
- Deuteronomy 28:7 The Lord shall cause thine enemies that rise up against thee to be smitten before thy face: they shall come out against thee one way, and flee before thee seven ways.
2 Kings 17:39 But the Lord your God ye shall fear; and he shall deliver you out of the hand of all your enemies.
Psalm 18:2 The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
Psalm 18:48 He delivereth me from mine enemies: yea, thou liftest me up above those that rise up against me: thou hast delivered me from the violent man
Psalm 22:4 Our fathers trusted in thee: they trusted, and thou didst deliver them.
Psalm 34:4 I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.
- Deuteronomy 28:8 The Lord shall command the blessing upon thee in thy storehouses, and in all that thou settest thine hand unto; and he shall bless thee in the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.
- Deuteronomy 28:12 The Lord shall open unto thee his good treasure, the heaven to give the rain unto thy land in his season, and to bless all the work of thine hand: and thou shalt lend unto many nations, and thou shalt not borrow.
- Proverbs 3:4 So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man.
- Deuteronomy 28:9 The Lord shall establish thee an holy people unto himself, as he hath sworn unto thee, if thou shalt keep the commandments of the Lord thy God, and walk in his ways.
Psalm 91:4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
Exodus 40:34 Then a cloud covered the tent of the congregation, and the glory of the Lord filled the tabernacle.
Psalm 140:7 O God the Lord, the strength of my salvation, thou hast covered my head in the day of battle.
- Deuteronomy 28:11 And the Lord shall make thee plenteous in goods, in the fruit of thy body, and in the fruit of thy cattle, and in the fruit of thy ground, in the land which the Lord sware unto thy fathers to give thee.
- Proverbs 3:10 So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine.
- Deuteronomy 28:13 And the Lord shall make thee the head, and not the tail; and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath; if that thou hearken unto the commandments of the Lord thy God, which I command thee this day, to observe and to do them:
Psalm 75:6 For promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south. 7 But God is the judge: he putteth down one, and setteth up another.
- Proverbs 3:23 Then shalt thou walk in thy way safely, and thy foot shall not stumble.
- Deuteronomy 28:6 Blessed shalt thou be when thou comest in, and blessed shalt thou be when thou goest out.
- Proverbs 3:24 When thou liest down, thou shalt not be afraid: yea, thou shalt lie down, and thy sleep shall be sweet.
- Proverbs 3:2 For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee.
- Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
- Strength & Victory
- Proverbs 3:26 For the Lord shall be thy confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being taken.
- 2 Corinthians 1:3 Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; 4 Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God. 5 For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ.
- Psalm 23:4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
- Psalm 71:21 Thou shalt increase my greatness, and comfort me on every side.
- Isaiah 51:3 For the Lord shall comfort Zion: he will comfort all her waste places; and he will make her wilderness like Eden, and her desert like the garden of the Lord; joy and gladness shall be found therein, thanksgiving, and the voice of melody.
- Isaiah 51:12 I, even I, am he that comforteth you: who art thou, that thou shouldest be afraid of a man that shall die, and of the son of man which shall be made as grass;
- Exodus 20:6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
- Deuteronomy 7:9 Know therefore that the Lord thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations;
- 1 Chronicles 16:34 O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever.
- Matthew 5:7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
- Eternal Life with God
- Matthew 5:3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
- Matthew 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
1 Peter 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, 5 who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
- Wisdom & Understanding
- Proverbs 2:5 Then shalt thou understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God.
The promises of God to the righteous are innumerable. It would be impossible to record all of them in a single post. Therefore, the intent of this post is to give you a glimpse into the wealth of blessings reserved for those who remain committed to live according to God’s will. Ultimately, choosing righteousness is choosing LIFE. God wants you to know that HE keeps every promise. It is we as a people who go astray and miss out on the goodness of the Lord. In a future post, we will examine the consequences of disobedience and how we can avoid them. Until next time,