Happy Sunday to you!
For many of you, today is just another standard day. You might be sad as you realize that it is the conclusion of the weekend. (Don’t they always seem to go by faster and faster?) However, for me this is an extraordinary day. In fact, it is my favorite holiday of the year. Yes…yes…yes...it is my birthday! Thank God for blessing me with another year of life! Now, I won’t throw out a number for you to identify my age. It is not that I am ashamed of growing older. I am simply declining because that fact is irrelevant to this post. Yesterday, I closed out one chapter by expressing gratitude. Today, I choose to begin a new chapter with a moment of introspection. Today, I choose to reflect on the top 10 lessons that I have learned since July 19, 2014. In order that I may put them to good use, I am writing the lessons down and considering the moments that led to such important revelations. In publicly sharing these lessons, I hope to enlighten someone who may read this. You never know who needs to receive this message, at this moment or in the future. Sometimes, it isn’t about receiving wisdom for the first time. Sometimes, it’s good to have access to reminders. Revelations and reminders both can keep one on the right track.
- There are certain things that you think you need to be happy that do not possess the capability of producing happiness.
- Security can never be found in people or resources. Security can only be found in God.
- Forgiveness is healing and faith is freedom.
- One always reaps what one sows.
- Honesty and gentleness go hand-in-hand.
- Give only what you can afford to give (and without expectation).
- Gratitude is power, and it is expressed by the strong.
- Love is true and eternal.
- Impartiality is a component of justice.
- Knowledge is a component of love.
In closing, I would like to wish a Happy Birthday to all of you who were born on July 19th and to those of you who will be birthed on July 19th. You are one-of-a-kind!